How To Copy And Paste On Chromebook In Different Ways
Chromebooks are faster, cheaper, and simpler to use but people get confused when they switch from other operating systems. On a Chromebook, even the simple tasks are done differently, so in this article, we will show how one can easily copy and paste on Chromebook computers. Copy-paste is one of the most commonly used features on PC, so we’ll help you to figure out how it’s done. When people switch to a new computer that doesn’t use the same operating system which you used previously. You need time to learn how to use the new computer operating system the same as your old computer. In this article, you will learn How To Copy And Paste On Chromebook Easily.
The most common and essential command of the PC is copy-paste which is important and creates a big difference in how you work. So if you’re new to the Chromebook computers here is an easy way you need to know how to copy and paste.
If you are coming from a Mac background the simplest and easiest way to copy and paste on Chromebook is to use keyboard shortcuts. There are many other methods in case you need them.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Chromebook
Here we’ll show some keyboard shortcuts which can be useful :
- First Press and hold the control button
- Second Press C to copy
- Third Press V to paste
- Fourth Press and hold CTRL as well as SHIFT key and press V to paste THIS will help you to paste the copied text without any formatting.
- You can also highlight all of the text by pressing Control and the A.
- After highlighting you can use the first command listed here to copy all the text.
Copy paste through trackpad
The trackpad is also used to copy and paste data on Chromebook devices and is suitable for those who are not fans of button combinations. It is easier and requires less time to memorize.
- Select the text you want to copy and paste and highlight it.
- On highlighted text, place the cursor over it.
- With the help of two fingers tap on the trackpad.
- Select copy.
- Move the cursor to the place where you want to paste the text and tap on the trackpad with the help of two fingers.
- Select paste.
- If applicable, there you will see the option of Paste without formatting.
Copy paste through mouse
The operating system of chrome has full support for mice. Through which one can copy and paste from Chromebook the traditional way.
- The first step is to highlight the text you want to copy.
- Move the cursor over the highlighted text.
- Right-click by using the mouse
- Select copy
- Move the cursor to the place where you want to paste the text and right-click by using the mouse.
- Select Paste.
- You can also paste the content without changing its format.
On Chromebook as you create your document you can create documents with ease and can avoid typing repetitive text and can easily use copy and paste functions. It can be done in several ways: keyboard, touchpad, and so on. As we all know that there are thousands of words in any large file and numerous pages from which one can collect data and it’s difficult to remember words and then type them into a file.
But with the help of a touchpad one can easily locate, highlight, copy and paste data into a document. With the help of the touchpad select the text through the cursor which you want to copy.
Place two fingers on your touchpad you can easily swipe up and down within your document to different pages. You can scroll to different pages in a document by placing your finger on the scroll bar and can move the pointer to the vertical scroll bar located on the right side of the screen.
Click and drag the scroll bar up and down to scroll different pages. Through touchpad, you can select the text through the cursor and then highlight it and move the cursor to highlighted text and select the option of copy and then move the cursor to the page where you want to paste the selected text and can click on paste. It’s easy to paste data according to your need with or without format change.